Year of Call
Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia (J.D. 2016)
Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts (Study Abroad Program)
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario (B.A. Honours 2013)
Andrea is an associate lawyer at Fernandes Hearn LLP. She is involved in all aspects of transportation law including, marine, trucking, freight forwarding, and warehousing. Andrea has appeared before the Federal Court of Canada, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and the Ontario Court of Justice.
Before joining Fernandes Hearn LLP as an associate, Andrea summered and articled at the firm. As a summer and articling student, Andrea assisted on various corporate transactions and civil litigation files, helping clients resolve their complicated legal issues on a timely and cost-efficient basis.
Andrea received her J.D. from the Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University. While attending Dalhousie, Andrea spent a semester abroad at Suffolk University in Boston, Massachusetts where she took numerous courses including U.S. Admiralty and Insurance Law. Prior to law school, Andrea graduated from Wilfrid Laurier University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology (with Honours) and an Option in Business Administration.
When not representing her clients, Andrea spends her time sailing both recreationally and competitively. In the winter months, you can find Andrea on the squash court.
- “Obstructive Docks”, Fernandes Hearn LLP Newsletter (August 2017)
- Applicable Law in Aviation Tort: Thorne v. Hudson Estate, 2017 ONCA 208 (March 10, 2017)”, Fernandes Hearn LLP Newsletter (March 2017)
- Co-Author of “The Law of Freight forwarding and Freight Brokering in Common Law Jurisdictions” , Aerospark Press, 2022
Industries and Individuals Served
- Vessel Owners and Operators, Road Carriers, Freight Forwarders, 3PL Providers, Warehouse Owners and Operators, Manufacturers, Suppliers and Distributors
- Commercial, Cargo Claim and Casualty Litigation
- Supply Chain Logistics
- Regulatory Compliance
Subscribe to our newsletter "The Navigator"
Fernandes Hearn LLP
155 University Avenue, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3B7
Telephone: 416-203-9500 | Fax: 416-203-9444
A proud Canadian law firm specializing in Transportation, Insurance, Trade, Technology and Commercial Law.