Employment LawBusinesses today need to understand their obligations, and their employees’ rights, under a wide range of employment related legislation as well as at common law. Making decisions without a complete understanding of the applicable employment laws can be costly. Our lawyers act for both federally and provincially regulated employers of all sizes, on a wide range of employment law matters including:
- The preparation of employment related documents including employment agreements, non-competition and non-solicitation agreements, workplace policies and procedures
- Assisting with compliance with employment-related legislation including employment standards, occupational health and safety, human rights, and workplace safety and insurance
- Assisting with the management of workplace misconduct, leaves of absence, duty to accommodate
- Preparing and negotiating termination packages
- Appearing in proceedings before all levels of court, and a number of tribunals on matters regarding human rights, workplace safety and employment standards
- Defending clients on provincial offences arising from employment legislation
- Advising on employment issues arising in the context of a purchase or sale of a business
- Preparing independent contractor agreements
- Preparing consulting agreements
- Advising on temporary workers
- Advising on IP assets generated by employees and consultants
- Advising profit-sharing/other incentive plans
- Developing employee manuals
- Advising on due diligence relating to anti bribery policies and Competition Act compliance
We are specialist in all areas of Employment Law.
Request An Appointment
Subscribe to our newsletter "The Navigator"
Fernandes Hearn LLP
155 University Avenue, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3B7
Telephone: 416-203-9500 | Fax: 416-203-9444
A proud Canadian law firm specializing in Transportation, Insurance, Trade, Technology and Commercial Law.