As the energy and infrastructure industries continue to expand into new markets, both within Canada and around the world, our clients (and potential clients) rely on us to provide the legal advice needed to make their most ambitious objectives a reality. From supporting the development, construction and financing of exciting and transformational projects to helping them manage their projects’ social and environmental impacts, we have the expertise and foresight to mitigate risks and add value.
Through our experience supporting developers, equity investors, lenders, major industrial and commercial users, operators, governments and government agencies, we offer comprehensive insights into policies, key players, and stakeholders to successfully move energy (and infrastructure) projects through their life cycles.
Our expertise includes:
- Project development
- Project finance
- Mergers, acquisitions, restructuring, privatizations
- Physical and financial energy-trading contracts
- Permits and licenses
- Transportation arrangements
- Tolling arrangements
In the energy industry, we have specialized sector expertise in:
- Co-Generation Projects
- Electricity and Regulated Utilities
- Ethanol • Fracking
- Geothermal Projects
- Hydroelectric Projects
- Nuclear Power
- Oil & Gas
- Wind Projects
- Project Financing Negotiation and Documentation
- Project Cargo Transportation Contracts and advice
- Regulatory Representation
- Energy Storage
Our lawyers provide the following services:
- Corporate and Commercial Contracts
- Insurance Review
- Joint Ventures Negotiations and Documentation
- Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Mergers and Acquisitions
Our Energy Law experience includes construction, energy regulatory, real estate, environmental, aboriginal and corporate finance to meet the full range of your legal needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter "The Navigator"
Fernandes Hearn LLP
155 University Avenue, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3B7
Telephone: 416-203-9500 | Fax: 416-203-9444
A proud Canadian law firm specializing in Transportation, Insurance, Trade, Technology and Commercial Law.