Food & Water Safety Law
We provide clients with advice on issues arising in food production, processing, labeling, handling, distribution, and transportation. We deal with problems involving microbiological contamination, chemical contamination, hormones, pesticides, disease, fish farms, additives, irradiation, security, genetically modified foods, supplements, product recalls, product tampering, processing pollution, improper handling and improper growth conditions.
Our lawyers have experience with drinking water production, treatment, contamination and distribution. We also regularly advise clients on damage caused by water to humans and property. This includes floods and sewer issues, erosion, storm damage, and pollution.
Our lawyers have expertise and provide legal advice in the following food and water safety areas:
- Animal Welfare
- Bacterial Outbreaks
- Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency Investigations
- Chemical contamination and Pollution
- Country of Origin Labeling
- Cross Border Issues involving FDA Food Safety Modernization Act Food Packaging
- Diet Industry Concerns and Litigation
- Distribution and Logistics
- Fish and animal farm litigation
- Food Handling
- Food Security
- Government Recalls and Management
- GMO Labeling
- Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
- Pesticide Litigation
- Transportation and Equipment (Reefers, Dry Vans) Issues
- Warehousing and Refrigeration
- Water Damage claims including flooding, sewers, construction and erosion
- Water treatment, contamination and distribution Issues and litigation
- Wrongful Death suits defense
Our law team is experienced in all areas of food and water safety law.
Subscribe to our newsletter "The Navigator"
Fernandes Hearn LLP
155 University Avenue, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3B7
Telephone: 416-203-9500 | Fax: 416-203-9444
A proud Canadian law firm specializing in Transportation, Insurance, Trade, Technology and Commercial Law.