Mergers and Acquisitions
Safe Food Transportation
Year of Call
University of Windsor Law, 2014
University of Leicester – Study Abroad Program, 2013
University of Western Ontario, Honours Specialization, 2011
When helping clients by providing corporate, commercial and transport regulatory advice, Jaclyne believes that attention to detail, creative thinking, and open communication skills are key to delivering exceptional results and service. She encourages clients to approach her with any concern, to talk through the details and to make informed decisions. Jaclyne approaches every file with these values in mind and is able to foster relationships of trust and confidence with clients.
Jaclyne works with a wide range of clients across the transportation and supply chain industries, including road, rail and ocean carriers, load brokers, logistics providers, warehouse operators and other freight intermediaries. She also provides advice to manufacturers, shippers, distributors and growers.
Jaclyne has provided advice with respect to mergers, acquisitions, restructurings, and private equity financings in various industry sectors, including the purchase and importation of foreign flagged vessels, the expansion of foreign-based companies’ operations into Canada, as well as the purchase and sale of logistics and distribution companies. She has negotiated commercial contracts for the transportation, logistics and manufacturing industries, including carriage of goods, load brokerage, owner-operator, broker-carrier, broker-shipper, shipper-carrier and supply of goods agreements. She also has also provided advice with respect to various regulatory compliance issues, including federal and/or provincial laws regarding food safety, privacy, customs, and the transportation of dangerous goods.
Jaclyne is proficient in both English and French. She enjoys travelling, sailing, painting, the dramatic arts and trying new restaurants.
Peer and Client Comments
“Jaclyne is doing an absolutely fantastic job of looking after our file. I’m extremely happy with how she’s progressing through all of our details, her flexibility, her outstanding work ethic, strong organization skills and providing excellent legal advice when needed. “ – Client, DS
Membership and Activities
- Canadian Transport Lawyers Association
- Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association
- The Toronto Transportation Club
- EU-Canada Trade Agreement – An Overview (February 2017)
- Duty Free Importing Under the Canada- EU Trade Deal (September 2017
- The Carriage of Medical and Recreational Marijuana (December 2017)
- Proposed Regulations Under the Safe Food For Canadians Act (January 2017)
- Privacy Law Update: Breach Reporting and Record Keeping Obligations of Companies (September 2017)
- Who May be Liable for Undue Suffering of Livestock during Transport (April 2017)
- Is Your Business At Risk of Breaching Anti-Bribery Laws? (November 2017)
Industries and Individuals Served
- Road Carriers, Vessel Owners and Operators, Rail Carriers
- Freight Forwarders, 3PL Providers, Warehouse Owners and Operators, Customs Brokers
- Manufacturers, Suppliers and Distributors
- Importers and Exporters
- Fruit and Vegetable Growers, Food Industry
Request An Appointment
Subscribe to our newsletter "The Navigator"
A proud Canadian law firm specializing in Transportation, Insurance and Commercial Law.