Product Liability Law
Our lawyers have comprehensive experience handling complex product liability risks and litigation for both industry and insurers acting in various capacities along the supply and distribution chain including: manufacturers, suppliers, retailers, intermediaries, distributors, marketers, importers, exporters and wholesalers and others who make products available to the public or receive them. We provide 24-hour emergency response including site attendance, investigation and coordination.
We provide advice to our clients on:
- Advice to Regulated Industries – Food, Drugs, Medical Devices, and Dangerous Goods
- Assessment of Risk, Financial and Enterprise Strategies
- Contractual Disputes
- Defence of Claims, including resulting personal injury and property loss regarding cranes, tires, electrical products, manufacturing machinery, consumer and commercial appliances, recreational products, food and water safety and a vast array of mechanical defect claims involving all modes of transport
- Defence of Product Libel and Slander Claims
- Defence of Wind Turbine Claims
- Duty of Care Issues
- Fitness and Merchantability Issues
- Industry Specific and General Compliance and other Standards
- Insurance Coverage
- Multi-jurisdictional Disputes
- Product Development Issues
- Product Recalls and Crisis Management
- Product Tampering and Extortion Defences
- Sale of Goods Legislation
- Warranties and Conditions
Experts in all areas of Product Liability law!
Request An Appointment
Subscribe to our newsletter "The Navigator"
Fernandes Hearn LLP
155 University Avenue, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5H 3B7
Telephone: 416-203-9500 | Fax: 416-203-9444
A proud Canadian law firm specializing in Transportation, Insurance, Trade, Technology and Commercial Law.